Uttukuli Sri Vetri velayutha swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Vetrivelayutha swamy(Murugan) ,
- Lord Vinayaka,
- Lord Shiva,
- Vallidevi & Devasenai amman.
Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple,
Kathithamalai Murugan temple,
Erode district- 638751
- Morning 6:00AM – 2:00PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 7:30PM.
Temple History :
Arulmigu Vetri Velayudhaswamy Temple is located at Uttujuil in Tiruppur district of Tamilnadu State. This is the most famous and powerful temple of this region. Lord Murugan is the presiding deity of this temple as Arulmigu Vetri Velayudha Swamy temple. Uttukuli Murugan Temple is situated 40 kilometers from Erode towards Tirupur, 65 kilometers from Coimbatore Airport towards Erode, and 450 kilometers from Chennai.
Once the famous saint Agastiyar came to this place for meditation but was not able to find water. He prayed to Lord Murugan to help him. Soon Lord Murugan appeared before him and thrust His lance (Vel) in the sand. Soon water spring came from the spot. That place is called “Utrukuli”.
“Later only it came to be called Uttukuli. This is the most ancient temple and the formation of this temple was unknown, just they have the history of Vetri Velayudha Swamy. But before 200 years some rural kings build the temple and five years before with the help of some donors the temple was rebuilt and now it is the important spiritual place in Erode, Coimbatore Districts. The important thing is that only in Kaithamalai that is Uttukuli. The temple car is on the hill and devotees pull the temple car in the slopes so that no place in the world where a temple car is pulled in the hill. Then the God is called as “Vetri Velayudha Swamy” and the Temple is called “Kaithamalai.”
- Thaipoosami : This is very important festival,associated with pilgrimage to murugan. On 6th day there is procession of lord muruga with Valli and Devaseai in the silver car.on the 7th day Chinnakumarar goes round in his Golden car.
- ThiruKarthigai : From Thirugnanasambandan is statement holy Karthigai day celebrated with (Lamps) deepa’s and worship Lord Murugan.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Santhi pooja – 8:30AM.
- Kala Santhi Abhishekam – 7:30AM.
- Saya Ratchai Abhishekam – 4:00PM.
- Saya Ratchai Pooja – 6:00PM.
- Ucchikala pooja – 1:00PM.
- Ucchikala Abhishekam – 12:00PM.
- Archanai – Rs.2/-
- Milk Abhishekam – Rs.10/-
- Vehicle Poojai – Rs.10/-
- Thengai – Rs.1/-
- Special entry – Rs.5/-
Nearest Temples Around Uttukuli Sri Vetri velayutha swamy temple :
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 27.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 28.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 28.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 41.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 43.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 56.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 59.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 70.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 71.00 km
- Peruru Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – East godavari district – 77.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 77.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 80.00 km
- Marudamalai Subramanya swamy temple – Coimbator district – 81.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 82.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 86.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 90.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 91.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 94.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 107.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 116.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 119.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 129.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 130.00 km
- Thiruchunai Akasthisvarar Temple – Madhurai district – 182.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Tiruppur – 18.00 km
- Perundurai – 21.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Uttukuli – 6.00 km
- Vijayamangalam – 10.00 km
- Tiruppur – 17.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 20.00 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu – 58.00 km
- Madurai Airport,Madurai, Tamil Nadu – 208.00 km
- Calicut International Airport, Kozhikode – 216.00 km
- Kollam Airport, Kollam – 381.00 km
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai – 427.00 km
Photos of the temple :