Tiruvanantapuram attukal Bhagavati temple :
God and Godess :
- (Attukal Bhavathi devi )Attukal devi ,
- Lord shiva,
- Lord Ganesha ,
- Sarpent god.
Attukal Attukal Sree Bhagavathy Temple,
Tiruvanantapuram district – 695009
- Morning 4:30AM – 12:30PM.
- Evening 5:00PM – 8:30PM.
Temple History :
The Attukal Bhagavathi temple is located in Attukal and this temple is 2Km distance from Ananthapadmanabhaswami temple in thiruvananthapuram.This temple is very popular in Kerala state.The temple renowned for the annual Attukal pongala festival whichover millions of women participated.There are 4.5 million number of devotees are expected to attend for the Pongala festival.The godess Kannaki(Parcathi devi) is main diety in this temple.This is one of the ancient temple in south India described as Sabarimala of the women,as women form the major portion of devotees.The godess in the temple of Attukal is worshipped as the supreme mother creator of all living beings.The shrine of supreme mother also called Attukalamma.
The Architecture of this temple elements of both the Kerala and Tamilnadu States styles.The exteriors of temple are covered with hundred of sculptures of God and Godess stories like lord Vishnu dasavataram , Kannaki dakshayagna etc.
There are two idols of the Goddess in the Sanctum-Sanctorium.The original idol is preserved in all its Pristine beauty covered in ornamental gold embedded with installed stones.The second idol of Goddess is installed besides the original one.In the time of pongala festival million of women gathering for pongal this is gunni.
Thalappoli(Performed by girls),
Kuthiyottam(Performed by boys),
Other Festivals :
Pooja vyapuMahashivarathri ,
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
Time - Pooja 4:30AM - Palliyunarthu of Attukul Amma. 5:00AM - Nirmaiyadarshanam. 5:35AM - Abhishekam. 5:45AM - Ganapathi himam. 6:00AM - Deeparadhana. 6:30AM - Ushapuja. 6:40AM - Deeparadhana. 6:50AM - Usha sreebali. 7:00AM - Kalabhabhishekam. 8:30PM - Pantheeradi pooja. 12:00PM - Uchapooja. 12:00PM - Deeparadhana. 12:10PM - Ucha Sreebali. 12:30PM - Nata Adappu(closure of sreekovil). 5:00PM - Nata Adappu(opening of sreekovil). 6:45PM - Deeparadhana. 7:30PM - Athazha pooja. 8:00PM - Deeparadhana. 8:05PM - Athazha sreebali. 8:30PM - Nata Atappu.
Nearest Temples Around Tiruvanantapuram attukal Bhagavati temple :
- Temple Name – Area/City – Distance (in KM)
- Thiruvanantapuram Sri Anantha Padmanabha swamy temple – Tiruvanantapuram district – 8.00 km
- Vellayani Devi temple – Tiruvanantapuram district – 9.00 km
- Varkala Sivagiri mutt – Tiruvanantapuram district – 49.00 km
- Velimalai Kumara swamy temple – Kanyakumari district – 57.00 km
- Mandaikadu Bhagavathi amman temple – Kanyakumari district – 61.00 km
- Nagarcoil Nagaraja temple – Kanyakumari district – 68.00 km
- Suchindram Thanumalayan swamy temple – Kanyakumari district – 73.00 km
- Kanyakumari Kumari Amman Temple – Kanyakumari district – 103.00 km
- Tiruchendur Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple – Thoothukudi district – 166.00 km
- Sabarimalai Sri Ayyappaswamy Temple – Pathanamthitta district – 177.00 km
- Vaikom Mahadeva temple – Kottayam district – 188.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Trivendram / Tiruvanantapuram – 9.00 km
- cochi – 204.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Trivendram / tiruvanantapuram – 8.00 km
- Kollam – 70.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Trivandrum International Airport, Thiruvananthapuram – 9.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 230.00 km
Photos of the temple :