Tiruchirapalli (Trichy ) Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple :
God and Godess :
- Jambukeswara Swamy ,
- Akhilandeswari Amman ,
- Maha Saraswathi devi ,
- Lord Shani ,
- Karthika and Rohini sametha Lord Chanda.
Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple,
Jalalingam (panchabhoothalingam) temple,
Thiruvanaikoil, Near Srirangam ,
Thiruvarankam(Taluk) , Trichy (City),
Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 620005
- Morning 5:30AM – 1:00PM.
- Evening 3:00PM – 8:30PM.
Temple History :
The Thiruvanaikovil temple is a famous Shiva temple in Tiruchirapalli, in the state of TamilNadu. It is one among the Panchabhoota Sthalams and it represents water. The deity here is known as Jala Linga.There are 5 enclosures inside the temple. The massive outer wall is known as the Vibhudi prakara. It is said that the wall was built by Lord Shiva working with the laborers. The fourth precinct consists of a hall with 796 pillars. The third precinct consists of two gopurams. The sanctum sanctorum is a square structure which is independently located at the innermost enclosure.
The shrine of the goddess Akhilandeswari and the shrine of Prasanna Vinayaka are in the shape of Pranava mantra called “om”.The sanctum of lord Jambukeshwara has an underground water stream. The presiding deity is Devi Akhilandeswari Amman. According to the Hindu mythology, Devi Parvathi performed penance in the Jambu forest as Devi Akhilandeswari. She made an idol of lord Shiva with the water flowing nearby and placed it under the Venn naval tree and worshiped it. Hence the deity is known as appu lingam. Pleased by her penance, lord Shiva gave her Shiva Gnana. As the Devi was a student and lord Jambukeshwara was a guru, there is no Thirukalyanam in this temple for lord Shiva and Parvathi, unlike other Shiva temples.
Importance: The five elements are believed to be enshrined in the five lingams and each of the lingam representing Shiva in the temple has five different names. In the temple, Shiva is said to have manifested himself in the form of water (Appu lingam). The other four manifestations are Prithvi lingam (representing land) at Ekambareswara temple, Akasha lingam (representing sky) at Thillai Nataraja temple, Chidambaram, Agni lingam (representing fire) at Annamalaiyar temple, and Vayu lingam (representing air) at Srikalahasti temple.
- Aadi pooram Festivals (10 days) Aadi Friday is Celebrated.
- Vasantha Utsavam (10 days) ,
- Brahmotsavam (40 days),
- Navaratri Festival (10 days),
- Thai Poosam ,Thai Teppam (Float) festivals,
- Car Festival and Pancha Prakara festivals are importat festivals.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Sandhi pooja – 8:00AM – 8:45AM.
- Ushakkala pooja – 6:30AM – 7:30AM.
- Uchikala pooja – 11:00AM -12:00PM.
- Sayaraksha pooja – 5:00PM – 5:45PM.
- Arthajama pooja – 9:00PM.
- 1.Archana – Rs.3/-
- 2.Latcharchanai – Rs.20/-
- 3.Thirusathai – Rs.5000/-
- 4.Sahasranamam – Rs.50/-
- Latcharchanai (Amman temple Entrance fee) – Rs.10/-
- Amman Sannathi entrance fee – Rs.50/-
- Swamy Sannathi Special entrance – Rs.25/-
- Ambal(Amman)to do Gold Kavasam pooja – Rs.1000/-
- Mahalakshmi Kavasam/Flower decoration pooja(For each decoration Like different variety of flowers) – Rs.150/-
- Month of Thai only Friday (for flower decoration & normal days) – Rs.250/-
- Choultry charges perday (Purpose of marrage) – Rs.5000/-
- For marriage in Amman sannathi – Rs.500/-
- Photography – Rs.30/-
- For Video charges – Rs.200/-
- Any function will be conducting in Navaratri Mandapam(Expected food) – RS.1000/-
- For Golden chariot (Some distance you pull the Chariot) – Rs.1600/-
- For Annadanam (free food) donation(100 members perday) – Rs.2000/-
- For Annadanam (free food)Donation security – Rs.30000/-
Nearest Temples Around Tiruchirapalli (Trichy ) Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple :
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 4.00 km
- Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 26.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 37.00 km
- Siruvachur Madhura Kali Amman temple – Perambalur district – 45.00 km
- Narthamalai MuthuMari Amman temple – Pudukottai district – 45.00 km
- Manapparai Nallandavar temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 50.00 km
- Chettikulam Ekambareswarar Swamy temple – Perambalur district – 53.00 km
- Chettikulam Dandayuthapani Swamy temple – Perambalur district – 53.00 km
- Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 68.00 km
- Thirumayam SatyaMurthy perumal temple – Pudukottai district – 74.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 78.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 81.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 82.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 90.00 km
- Avudaiyarkoil Atmanatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 99.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 105.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 111.00 km
- Thirukollikadu Pongu Saneeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 114.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 117.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 118.00 km
- Tiruvarur Tyagaraja Swamy temple – Tiruvarur district – 118.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Oppiliappan Koil – Thanjavur District – 126.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 130.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 131.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 148.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 161.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 163.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 165.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 167.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 176.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Srirangam – 8.00 km
- Tiruchi / Trichy / Tiruchirapalli – 11.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Srirangam Railway station – 2.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli – 11.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 12.40 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 207.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 302.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 357.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 358.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 368.00 km
Photos of the temple :