Thirupattur Brahma Pureeswara temple :
God and Godess :
- Lord Brahmapureeswara ,
- Patanjali Shiva Linga ,
- Shanmuga natha Swamy ,
- Brahmanayaki Amman/Devi Brahma Sampath Gouri ,
- Gaja Lakshmi devi ,
- Lord Brahma,
- Surya Bhagavan ,
- Lord Kalabhairava,
- Lord Dakshinamurthy.
Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple
Thiruputtur(Village), Manachanallur (Taluk),
Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district.
Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 621105
- Morning 7:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 8:00PM.
- On Thursdays :
- Morning 5:30AM – 1:00PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 8:00PM.
Temple History :
The Brahmapureeswarar temple is a Hindu temple located in Thirupattur near Trichy, Tamilnadu. Devotees believed that a person can change his fate by seeking the blessings of Lord Brahma at Sri Brahmapureeswarar temple, Tirupattur. Lord Brahma Deva has very fewer temples on the earth. Among those rare temples of Lord Brahma Deva, The temple at Thirupattur is the most famous and very powerful Hindu temple in the world.
Once Lord Brahma felt that he was more prevailing than lord Shiva- since he had the supremacy of creation. This sense of pride provoked lord Shiva, who destroyed Lord Brahma’s fifth head, and also cursed him that he would lose his power of creation. To relieve himself of this curse, Lord Brahma started out on a pilgrimage of lord Shiva temples. During the course of his pilgrimage, Lord Brahma also visited this temple and installed 12 Shiva Lingams around Brahmapureeswarar and worshiped lord Shiva here for a considerable time.Being moved by Lord Brahma’s prayers, Lord Shiva, on Devi Parvathi’s appeal gave him darshan under the Magizha tree and liberated him from his curse. Lord Shiva also restored the power and responsibility of creation to Lord Brahma. Since the fate of Lord Brahma, the creator, was changed by lord Shiva at Tirupattur, one can expect a turning point in life by praying at this temple.The presiding deities are lord Brahmapureeswarar in the form of Swayambhu Lingam and Devi Brahma Sampath Gowri. There is a separate shrine for Lord Brahma. The idol of Lord Brahma is in meditative pose sitting in padmasana on a lotus. The temple complex also has the Jeeva Samadhi of yogi Patanjali, the author of yoga sutras.
importance: Festivals celebrated by this temple are Pradosh, Tamil New Year, Tamil month of Aavani_ Vinayaka Chaturthi, Tamil month of Puratasi- Navratri festival, Tamil month of Aippassi- Pournami, Tamil month of Karthigai, Tamil month of Maasi- Shivarathri and Tamil month of Panguni. Other temples at Trichy are Samayapuram- Devi Mariyamman temple, Srirangam – lord Ranganathaswamy temple, Thiruvanaikovil- Sri Jambukeshwarar and Devi Akhilandeswari temple, and Rock fort Sri Vinayakar temple, Devi Vekkaliyamman Koyil- Woraiyur, Trichy, and Gunaseelam – lord Prasanna Venkatachalapathy, Musiri road.
- Pradosha : Pradosha is observed in the evening twilight on the 13th day(Trayodasi tithi) of each tunar for night .It is the worship of Lord Shiva for fulfillment of our desires.
- Ahimasa (non – injury),
- Satya (Speaking the truth),
- Brahmakarya (Continence),
- Daya (Compassion),
- Anasuyata (Absence of Jalousy),
- Tamil new year(Chitrai month),
- Aadi (pooram Nakshatram),
- Aavani (Vinayaka Chaturthi),
- Navarathri Festival ,
- Brahmotsavam (Panguni masam),
- Mahashivaratri ,
- Thirukarthigai .
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Santhi pooja – 8:30AM – 9:00AM.
- Uchikala pooja – 11:30AM -12:00PM.
- Sayaratchai pooja – 6:00PM – 6:30PM.
- Arthajama pooja – 7:30PM – 8:00PM.
Nearest Temples Around Thirupattur Brahma Pureeswara temple :
- Chettikulam – Dandayuthapani temple – 18 km
- Chettikulam – Ekambareswara temple – 16 km
- Trichy – Jambukeswara temple – 26 km
- Thanthondrimalai – Venkataramana samy temple – 101 km
- Kulithalai – Kadamba vaneswarar temple – 60 km
- Karur – Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – 100 km
- Palani – Dandayuthapani temple – 192 km
- Palani – Idumban temple – 191 km
- Namakkal – Narasimha temple – 77 km
- Thirukollikadu – Pongesaneeswara temple – 138 km
- Srirangam – Ranganatha swamy temple – 26 km
- Dindigul – Abhiram/Kalahasteeswara swamy temple – 135 km
- Dindigul – Srinivasa perumal temple – 135 km
- Devarmalai – Kathi Narasinga temple – 115 km
- Manapparai – Nallandavar temple – 74 km
- Tiruchengode – Arthanareeswarar temple – 133 km
- Thirumayam – Sathyamoorthi swamy temple – 99 km
- Narthamalai – Muthumariamman temple – 70 km
- Peraiyur – Naganatha temple – 92 km
- Siruvachur – Madhura Kaliamman temple – 24 km
- Tanjavur – Bruhadeeswara temple – 75 km
- Avudaiyarkoil – Thiruperundurai temple – 132 km
- Thirupampuram – Seshapureeswarar temple – 121 km
- Tiruvarur – Tyagaraja swamy temple – 143 km
- Swamimalai – Murugan/Swamynatha temple – 84 km
- Thirunageswaram – Opplappam temple – 99 km
- Thirukarukavur – Garbharatchambigai temple – 108 km
- Ariyalur – Kodandarama swamy temple – 50 km
- Govindaputhur – Ganga Jadatheeswara temple – 84 km
- Thirunageswaram – Naganatha temple – 114 km
- Tirumazhapadi – Vaidyanatha swamy temple – 45 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Lal Gudi – 22.00 km
- Perambalur – 29.00 km
- Thuraiyur – 29.00 km
- Srirangam – 32.00 km
- Tiruchi / Trichy / Tiruchirapalli – 36.00
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Pichandarkovil – 24.00 km
- Srirangam Railway station – 25.00 km
- Mandurai – 32.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 37.00 km
- Madurai Airport,Madurai, Tamil Nadu – 175.00 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu – 229.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai. – 282.00 km
- Tirupati Airport,Renigunta. – 370.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode. – 376.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 380.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 385.00 km
Photos of the temple :