Sravanabelagola Sri Gomatheswara ( Bhagavan Bahubali ) swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Sri Gomatheeswara swami (The Bahubali).
- Jain Thirthankars
sravanabelagola Sri Gomateshwara temple,
sravanabelagola village, Chennarayapatna Taluk,
Hassan district – 573135,
- Morning 6 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
- Afternoon 3:30 P.M. 6:30 P.M.
Temple History :
The Sravanabelagola is situated near to Hassan and Mysore cities.This is one of the most popular Jain Piligrim center in South India.This place is named by the “Pond in the middle” of the town it is called in Kannada language.“Bela-Kola”(with pond).This is the most famous piligrimage cener for Jainism.
Sravanabelagola is famous for Bahubali statue.It is Supposed to be Tallest Monolithic Stone with 58 feet height The Gomatheswara temple is built on the top of a hill at an attitude(height) of 3347 feet calles Vindhyagiri hill(also called as Doddabetta or Indragiri).Lord Gomatheeswara is the son of
Jain teerthankara Adinatha had 99 other sons and when he renounced his Kingdom.There was a big war between the two brothers.Bahubali and Bharatha.Bahubali defeated Bharatha.Bharatha losted his battle but Bahubali didn’t feel his victory by seeing his brothers defeat.He then gave the kingdom to his brother and attained Kevalagnana.
In the period of Chamundaraya ,a minister of Ganga king Rajamalla between 982 And 983 centuries.The place Sravanabelagola is famous with several Jain temples and other historical places. The main temple Gomatheeswara located in Vindhyagiri .There are several historical places within the Sravanabelagola town.
- “ Maha Masthakaabhiseka “ for Sri Gomatheswara swami performed Once in 12 Years.
- First time Maha Masthakaabhiseka held on 981 AD
- Maha Masthakaabhiseka last time held on 2006 February.
- The next Maha Masthakaabhiseka for Sri Gomatheeswara swami will be held on 2018.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- In Vindhyagiri hill to lord Gomatheeswara swami Paadapooja will be held on every day on 8 am .
- There are 40 Temples around Vindhyagiri.The pooja on those temples will be held on morning 7.00 am-9.00 am every day.
- Special poojas will be held on every Sundays at 8.30 am.
Nearest Temples Around Sravanabelagola Sri Gomatheswara ( Bhagavan Bahubali ) swamy temple :
- Kikkeri Brahmeshwara Swamy Temple – Mandya district – 13.00 km
- Govindanahalli Sri PanchaLingeswara Temple – Mandya district – 18.00 km
- Haranhalli Sri Lakshmi Narasimha and ChennaKesava Swamy Temple – Hassan district – 18.00 km
- Nuggehalli Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple – Hassan district – 25.00 km
- Nuggehalli Sadasiva Temple – Hassan district – 26.00 km
- Hosaholalu Sri Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple – Mandya district – 27.00 km
- Melkote Cheluvanarayana swamy temple – Mandya district – 35.00 km
- Hassan Hasanamba temple – Hassan district – 51.00 km
- Basaralu Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple – Mandya district – 52.00 km
- Yediyur Sri Siddhalingeswara Swamy temple – Tumkur district – 52.00 km
- Koravangala Buchesvarara Temple – Hassan district – 54.00 km
- Hullekere Chennakesava Temple – Hassan district – 55.00 km
- Mosale Nageshwara and ChennaKesava Temple – Hassan district – 63.00 km
- Haranhalli Sri Someshwara Temple – Hassan district – 64.00 km
- Srirangapatna Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple – Mandya district – 65.00 km
- Arasikere Iswara temple – Hassan district – 66.00 km
- Doddagaddavalli Lakshmi Devi Temple – Hassan district – 73.00 km
- Halebeedu Hoyasaleswara Swamy temple – Hassan district – 80.00 km
- Belur Sri Chennakesava Swamy Temple – Hassan district – 89.00 km
- Mysore Sri Chamundeswari Devi Temple – Mysore District – 90.00 km
- Mysore Sri Sweta Varaha Swamy temple – Mysore District – 90.00 km
- Somanathapura Sri Chennakesava Swamy Temple – Mysore District – 92.00 km
- Javagal Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple – Hassan district – 94.00 km
- Nanjanagud Srikanteswara Swamy temple – Mysore District – 107.00 km
- Kalale Sri Kalale LakshmiKanta Swamy Temple – Mysore District – 112.00 km
- Madikeri Omkareswara Temple – Kodagu district – 130.00 km
- Amrutapura Amruteswara Temple – Chikkamagaluru district – 134.00 km
- Kukke Sri Subramanya Temple – Dakshin kannad district – 137.00 km
- Badagarakeri Maha Mrutyunjaya Temple – Kodagu district – 159.00 km
- Bhagamandala Sri Bhagandeswara Temple – Kodagu district – 167.00 km
- Dharmasthala Sri Manjunatha swamy Temple – Dakshin kannad district – 169.00 km
- Talakaveri Agastheswara Temple – Kodagu district – 175.00 km
- Puttur Mahathobara Mahalingeswara temple – Dakshin kannad district – 181.00 km
- Horanadu Adhishakthyatmaka Sri Annapoorneswari temple – Chikkamagaluru district – 193.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Sravanabelagola – 0.80 km
- Channarayapatna – 12.00 km
- Holenarsipur – 36.00 km
- Hassan – 53.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Sravanbelagola – 3.00 km
- Channarayapatna – 13.00 km
- Mandagere – 22.00 km
- Holenarsipur – 36.00 km
- Hassan – 51.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 166.00 km
- Kannur International Airport, Kannur – 195.00 km
- Mangalore International Airport,Mangalore – 229.00 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 273.00 km
Photos of the temple :