Satyamangalam Sri Venugopala swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Venugopala swamy ,
- Rukhmini and Satyabhama ,
- Lakshmi Narayana swamy ,
- Kasthuri Ranganatha swamy ,
- Lord Ayyappa ,
- Lord Vinayaka ,Lord Hanuman ,Saptamatrikas.
Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple
Morning 5:0AM – Evening 8:00PM.
Temple History :
Sri Venugopala Swamy temple is located at Satyamangalam, in Erode district of Tamilnadu State.This is the famous temple in Erode district.Lord SriKrishna is the presiding deity in this temple and giving darshan as Sri Venugopala Swamy.The temple is believed to have been built by a Mysore ruler almost a 1000years ago. The 108Pillared Maha Mandapa with artistic sculptures is the biggest for a Vishnu Temple in this region.It is said that Ramanuja and Vedanta Desika visited this temple on their way to Melkote. An Underground tunnel and the sacred Lizard are unique features at the temple.Sri Venugopala Swamy temple is about 70kms North of Coimbatore. This is the ancient Venugopalaswamy temple in the sandalwood town of Sathyamangalam in Kongu Nadu. Lord Venugopala Swamy is seen in a handsome standing posture along with his consorts Rukmini and Satyabhama holding a conch (Sankhu) and chakra and playing flute with his other two hands. The temple has a Raja Gopura at the entrance and a Garudasthamba built on a single stone. Devotees from all over Erode district arrives here and make darshan of Lord here.It is believed that lord here fulfills all his devotee’s desires.
This is the most historical temple which was built 1000 years ago. The number of Fish sculptures on the pillars and atop the walls leads one to believe that Pandyas may have contributed to the temple as well.The treasurer of Tipu Sultan whose role it was to collect payments /dues decided to use these payments for the temple. The Venugopalaswamy temple in its current form and structure with the three Tier Raja Gopuram and Five Kalasas atop the Gopuram.To mark this event and his contribution to the temple, one can see the sculpture of Tipu and Venugopalaswamy on a pillar at the 108 pillared Maha Mandapa at the entrance of the temple. Also, there are 21 prominent Pancha Loha Sculptures inside the temple. Inside the Artha Mandapa, on two pillars are artistic sculptures relating to Dasavathara.While Venugopalaswamy is the main deity at this temple, there are two other forms of Vishnu also seen here at this temple in Sathyamangalam.To the right of Venugopala Sannidhi is the Lakshmi Narayana Sannidhi, where the Lord is seen in a sitting posture. Inside this shrine is an underground tunnel that is believed to date back to the 18th century. Tipu Sultan may have used this underground tunnel during his battles. Behind the Venugopala Swamy shrine, there is Ranganatha Swamy shrine where the small and handsome Lord Kasturi Ranganatha can be seen in a Bhujanga Sayana Posture facing the devotees sleeping atop the 7 hooded Serpent Adhisesha. All these makes devotees happy to make darshan of This temple with most devotion and peace.
- Srikrishnastami ,
- Vaikunta Ekadasi ,
- Karthigai ,
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Uchikala poojai – 12:00PM.
- Salingalam pooja – 6:00PM.
- Adhikalai pooja – 5:00AM.
Nearest Temples Around Satyamangalam Sri Venugopala swamy temple :
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 31.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 44.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 49.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 56.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 61.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 70.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 74.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 80.00 km
- Marudamalai Subramanya swamy temple – Coimbator district – 81.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 85.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 100.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 114.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 116.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 121.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 127.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 137.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 145.00 km
- Mysore Sri Chamundeswari Devi Temple – Mysore District – 149.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 153.00 km
- Srirangapatna Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple – Mandya district – 159.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 181.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 183.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Satyamangalam – 1.00 km
- Bhavanisagar – 15.00 km
- Nambiyur – 26.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Mettupalayam – 45.00 km
- Karaimadai – 46.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 63.00 km
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 209.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 228.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 232.00 km
- Madurai Airport, Madurai – 259.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 433.00 km
Photos of the temple :