Pollachi Subramanya swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Subramanya swamy ,
- Valli Amman , Deivanai Amman ,
- Lord Sundareswarar,
- Meenakshi Amman.
- Pollachi Subramanya temple / Murugan temple,
- Coimbator district-642001
- Morning 6:00AM – 12:00AM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 9:00PM.
Temple History :
Pollachi Subramanya temple is a well known and powerful temple in Tamilnadu state. Lord Subrahmanya Swamy is the principle deity of this temple giving a great darshan to thousands of devotees daily. Lord Shiva and Mother Meenakshi Amman are also giving darshan in this temple. Lord Shiva is giving darshan as Arulmigu Sundareswarar. The shrine of Lord Sundareswarar and Mother Meenakshi is to the south of Lord Muruga shrine (Garbhalaya). Thre is a Marriage Hall with 24 pillars opposite to lord shrine. Saints Tirugnana Sambandar, Appar, Sundarar, Manickavasagar, Kamadenu pouring its milk on Shivalinga, Kannappa Nayanar, Parvathi-Parameswara wedding, sage Markandeya, Lords Muruga and Vinayaka and Dasavatharas are very realistically depicted in the pillars before the Lord shrine.
The name of the place Pollachi has two stories behind it. Among the weekly shandies in the state, Pollachi ranks foremost and has the reputation of being an economic center of the district. As Porul (things or commodities) does the Aatchi (rule the trading), the place came to known as Porul Aatchi which later changed as Pollachi. Pollachi was also fertile with green fields, flower gardens, and trees. The place was full of Pozhils (gardens). Greenery Ruled (Aatchi) the place and thus the name Pozhil Aatchi came which too in the years following changed as Pollachi.The temple was built during the period of Kongu Sundara Pandian and Kongu Tribhuvana Chakravarthi Vikrama Chola according to epigraphic findings. There is also one such detail on the southern wall of the temple showing the name of the temple as Thiru Agatheeswaram Udayar belonging to the sixth year of the rule of King Perum Padappu Sorupam of Kochi royal family. Hence, this could have been a famous Shiva temple in the past.The idol of the presiding deity Lord Muruga with its covering frame (Thiruvachi) and the peacock is made of a single stone.
- Chittirai – Chitra Pournami.
- Vaikasi – Vaikasi Visaham.
- Aadi – Aadi pooram ,Amavasai.
- Avani – Aavani pittuku Mansumanthathu.
- Purattasi – Navaratri Utsavam.
- Iyappasi – Surasamharam ,Sasti
- karthigai – Thirukarthigai festival.
- Margali – Aaruthara Darshanam.
- Thai – Thai Poosam.
- Panguni – Panguni Uthiram.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Sandhi pooja – 7:30AM.
- Thirukapidal – 11:35PM.
- Ucchikalam – 11:30PM.
- Arthajamam pooja – 8:00PM.
- Thirukaapidal – 8:30PM.
- Archanai – Rs.3/-
- Coconut ,Banana – Rs.1/-
- Ghee Deepam – Rs.3/-
- Abhishegam – Rs.25/-
- Camera(Photos) – Rs.50/-
- Earning,Mangalya pooja,Uppumaatruthal – Rs.100/-
- Engagement – Rs.250/-
- Abhishegam(All items) – Rs.750/-
- Marriage – Rs.750/-
- Milk Abhishegam – Rs.2/-
Nearest Temples Around Pollachi Subramanya swamy temple :
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 40.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 43.00 km
- Palakkad Kasi Viswanatha Swamy Temple – Palakkad district – 47.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 72.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 73.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 77.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 82.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 92.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 105.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 114.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 117.00 km
- Mahadeswara Betta Male Mahadeswara temple – Chamarajanagar district – 118.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 118.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 119.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 124.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 124.00 km
- kadirur Sri Suryanarayana Temple – Kannur district – 127.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 130.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 133.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 134.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 137.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 148.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 163.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 163.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 171.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Pollachi – 1.00 km
- Udumalpet – 29.00 km
- Coimbatore – 43.00 km
- Palakkad – 46.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Pollachi – 1.00 km
- Madukarai – 37.00 km
- Walayar – 38.00 km
- Palakkad – 46.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 151.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 151.00 km
- Madurai Airport,Madurai – 206.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 363.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 511.00 km
Photos of the temple :