Perur Patteswarar temple :
God and Godess :
- Patteeswarar swamy,
- Pachainayaki Amman ,
- Nataraja swamy ,
- Durga Devi ,
- Lord Vinayaka ,
- Murugan ,
- Perumal ,
- Perur Patteeswarar temple,
- Perur, Coimbatore (city), Patteeswarar temple,
- Coimbator district – 641010
- Morning 5:30AM – 1:00PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 9:00PM.
Temple History :
Arulmigu Patteeswarar temple is located at Perur, Coimbatore of Tamilnadu state. Lord Shiva is the principle deity in this temple and giving darshan as Sri Patteeswarar. Goddess Parvathi Devi is giving darshan as Sri Pachainayaki Amman. The Garbha Griha of Pachainayaki Amman is beside the main Garbha Griha of lord Patteeswarar. This is the most ancient and famous temple in Coimbatore.
The temple has a great architecture Raja Gopura at the entrance of the temple. The sanctum of this Temple was built by Karikala Chola. In the ninth century, Saint Sundarar visited this temple and immortalized it in his Thevaram. The Ardha Mandapa and Mahamandapa of this temple were built during the Kongu Chola Period which is used for inscribing the details about the numerous gifts made to this temple. The famous Kanaka Surabhai (Golden Cow)was built by Alagadri Nayak of Madurai in the 17th century. The Swamy and Amman Temples were renovated in the Middle of the 18th century and later on the Mantap of 63 Saints was built. In the 20th century, the Kalyana Mantapam and the front Mantapam were built and the tower (Raja Gopura) was repaired. Historically, the surroundings of Perur date back to the Roman period as a?Treasure Trove? of Roman coins was discovered here.
As per legend of this temple the calf of Kamadhenu discovered a sacred Sivalinga. A temple came to be built over it. In this Temple the Kanaka Sabhai (The Golden Hall of Dance, has a beautiful form of Nataraja in the dancing posture which he manifested to the Rishis, Gomuni, and Pattimuni.The footprint scar of divine cow Kamadenu is still visible on the head of Lord Patteeswarar. The heads of the eight directions are figuring in the vimana of the sanctum sanctorum.The vimana Gopura of Mother Pachai Nayaki is square in shape. There is a shrine for Ambica Mother Manonmani. Lord Muruga is in between the shrines of Lord and Mother in the Somaskanda form.
As this is a salvation center, Lord Bhairava appears without His dog vahan as Gnana Bhairava.The shrine of Lord Varadaraja Perumal is outside the shrine of Mother Pachainayaki. Sri Anjaneya in the temple is made of wood. There is a tamarind tree in front of the temple the seeds of which do not germinate if sown, indicating the truth that those pray to Lord Patteeswara will attain total salvation and will be freed from the cycle of births and deaths.The bones of those dead, when placed in the Noyyal river flowing near by the temple turn white stones, it is said. It is believed that Lord utters the five lettered Na Ma Shi Va Ya mantra on the ears of those dead and takes them with Him. It is a wonder that no germs could be found in cow dung around this place.
- Panguni Uthira Therthiruvizha Thiruvadhira ,
- Tamil new year ,
- Aadi ,
- Thai ,
- Purattasi Amavasai ,
- Thaipoosam ,
- Surasamharam ,
- Aani ,
- Natarajar Abhishegam ,
- Annabhishegam ,
- Ahivaratri ,
- Vaisakham(Month) ,Sukravara oonjal ,Kiruthikai Sasti.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Morning pooja – 7:30AM – 9:00AM.
- Afternoon pooja – 11:00AM-12:00PM.
- Evening pooja – 4:30PM – 6:30PM.
- Night pooja – 8:30PM – 9:00PM.
Nearest Temples Around Perur Patteswarar temple :
- Chettikulam Ekambareswarar Swamy temple – Perambalur district – 6.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 43.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 51.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 57.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 77.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 80.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 85.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 88.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 95.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 97.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 110.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 110.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 113.00 km
- Mahadeswara Betta Male Mahadeswara temple – Chamarajanagar district – 118.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 139.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 140.00 km
- Guruvayur Sree Guruvayoorappan temple – Thrissur district – 150.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 157.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 157.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 158.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 168.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 182.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Busstand Name – Distance (in KM)
- Coimbatore – 9.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
Coimbatore Junction – 7.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 19.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 151.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 154.00 km
- Madurai Airport,Madurai – 236.00 km
- Kollam Airport,Kollam. – 315.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore. – 363.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai. – 497.00 km
- Tirupati Airport,Renigunta. – 506.00 km
Photos of the temple :