Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Naganatha swamy ,
- Dakshinamurthy ,
- Brahadambal ,
- Nataraja swamy.
Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple,
Peraiyur (Village), Thirumayam (Taluk),
- Morning 6:00AM – 12:30PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 7:30PM.
Temple History :
Arulmigu Naganatha Swamy Temple is located at Peraiyur in Pudukkottai District of Tamilnadu state.This temple is dedicated to Siva in his Naganatha-swami (lord-of-the-snake) aspect.This is very old temple which was built centuries ago. A tall stone Nataraja dances at the entrance to the main shrine. The oldest extant portion of the temple is the western gopuram behind the sanctum. It is of the 10th century and is done in the Chola style. The specific Chola architectural features of the structure coupled with the presence of a Sapta-Matrika group in bas-relief on a single stone, and an inscription of Rajendra-Chola I (1012-44) on the rock near the turn, show that the temple was originally a Chola structure of the 10th century, but was later renovated in the 12th or 13th century. There are other Chola and Pandya inscriptions belonging to the 13th century.
The present Garbha-Griha of the Naganatha-Swamy is a Pandya structure of the 12th-13th centuries. The pilasters are octagonal with the rectangular base but without Nagapadam-s. There are niches on the wall and contains images of Dakshinaamoorthi, Lingodbhava, and Brahma. The Vimanam is a modern brick structure.There is in the precincts a subsidiary shrine for Goddess Brahadambal said to belong to the close of the 15th or early 16th century, and is in the Vijayanagara architectural style.The eastern main gopuram is a Pandya structure, but the brickwork above is modern. The other mandapams in the prakaram are modern. The temple bears renovations, the last of which took place in during the reign of Ramachandra Tondaiman (1834-1886).
There is a baffling phenomenon noticed in the tank. The Gazetteer of Pudukkottai District reports: ‘From the tarn a musical sound is said occasionally to raise. The warblings, reported to resemble the sound of both stringed and percussion instruments, are held by the faithful to be the accompaniment of an invisible worship of Siva by Adisesha, the serpent-king). The musical emanations are heard for a day or two when the receding waters of the pond touch a particular level. At its loudest, the music is said to be audible even outside the temple walls.’
- Vasanthourchavam (Conduct 10 At Panguni Month),
- Chariot festival (9th day of Panguni month),
- Paratasi (Vijayadasami) ,
- Ambu Poduthal (Navaratri),
- Here we do Nagapradistai for those who have :
- Nagadosham ,
- Kalasarpadosham ,
- Mangalyadosham ,
- Puthadosham ,
- Sarpa dosham ,
- Raahu kethu dosham.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kalasandi pooja – 9:00AM.
- Uchikala pooja – 12:30PM.
- Saiyarachi pooja – 6:00PM.
- Arthajamam pooja – 7:30PM.
- Rahukalapoojas – Timings
- Monday 7:30AM – 9:00AM.
- Tuesday 3:00PM – 4:30PM.
- Wednesday 12:30PM – 1:30PM.
- Thursday 1:30PM – 3:00PM.
- Friday 10:30AM – 12:00AM.
- Saturday 9:00PM – 10:00AM.
- Sunday 4:30PM – 6:00PM.
- Sevas – Price
- Archanai Rs.5/-
- Milk kaavadi Rs.10/-
- Naga dosha pariharam Rs.35/-
- Naaga Prithishtadai Rs.75/-
- Dillai thathu Rs.50/-
- Hai donation Rs.10/-
- Annadanam Donation ticket Rs.25/-
- Annadanam Donation ticket Rs.50/-
- Annadanam Donation ticket Rs.100/-
Nearest Temples Around Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple :
- Thirumayam SatyaMurthy perumal temple – Pudukottai district – 15.00 km
- Narthamalai MuthuMari Amman temple – Pudukottai district – 27.00 km
- Pillayarpatti Karpaga Vinayagar Temple – Shivaganga district – 37.00 km
- Manapparai Nallandavar temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 66.00 km
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 66.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 68.00 km
- A.Valayapatti Kallalagar Temple – Madhurai district – 91.00 km
- Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 92.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 99.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Madana Gopala Swamy Temple – Madhurai district – 107.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 107.00 km
- Madhurai Dhandayudhapani Temple – Madhurai district – 108.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 122.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 123.00 km
- Thiruvedagam Edaganatheswarar Temple – Madhurai district – 124.00 km
- Thiruparankundram Arulmigu Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple – Madhurai district – 124.00 km
- Thirukollikadu Pongu Saneeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 128.00 km
- Tiruthangur Periyanayaki vellimalai nathar temple – Tiruvarur district – 131.00 km
- Tiruvarur Tyagaraja Swamy temple – Tiruvarur district – 138.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 139.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple Karur district 142.00 km
- Tirupampuram Seshapureeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 148.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 178.00 km
- Avudaiyarkoil Atmanatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 178.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 179.00 km
- Sathuragiri Sri Sundara Mahalingam temple – Madhurai district – 184.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Pudukottai – 13.00 km
- Thirumayam – 15.00 km
- Karaikudi – 37.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Namunasamudram – 6.00 km
- Pudukottai – 11.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 269.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 352.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai. – 369.00 km
- Trivandrum International Airport, Thiruvananthapuram. – 374.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 396.00 km
Photos of the temple :