Manapparai Nallandavar temple :
God and Godess :
- Nallandavar Swamy ,
- Anumadhi Vinayaka ,
- Madurai Veeram ,
- Parikarar ,
- Karuppanaswamy ,Omkara Vinayaka ,
- Pechi Amman ,
- Teppakulam Murugan ,Lord Hanuman.
Manapparai Nallandavar temple,
Manapparai(Town), Kulithalai – Manapparai Road,
Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district-621306,
- Morning 6:45AM – 1:00PM.
- Evening 3:00PM – 8:00PM.
Temple History :
Nallandavar temple is located at Manaparai in Tiruchirapalli district of Tamilnadu state. This is the most famous and ancient temple in this region. Lord Nallandavar is the principle deity of this temple. The temple has a long compound wall. There are separate shrines for Lord Anumadhi Vinayaka, Madurai Veeran, Parikarar, Ezhu Karuppanaswami, Omkara Vinayaka, Pechiamman, Pattathu Yanai, Nallandavar Yanai, Teppakulam Murugan and Sri Anjaneya. The place where Lord Sri Rama killed the magic deer (In Tamil, killing came to be known as Man (deer) Poondi). Later, It changed as Mamundi according to the history of the place. There is also the story linking the place with a king named Mamundi Vallal who was both a powerful warrior and generously charitable. He also had some super powers. As he protected the people from robbers and gave good governance, the place is named after him as Mamundi. While the Saptha Kannikas, Brahmi, Maheswari, Goumari, Vaishnavi, Vaarahi, Indirani, and Chamundi were bathing in the tank in the northern side of the place, some rowdies came there and harassed them. They cried for help. King Mamundi rushed immediately and drove them away and protected the Kannikas. Thanking Mamundi for his prompt and timely help, they said that as their elder brother, he would be respected by as Nallannan, Nallandavar, Nalliah and Mamundi.
Saptha Kannikas are respected as the sisters of Nallandavar and are installed nearby in a separate shrine. Pujas are performed first only to Sapthakannikas. An ascetic from North named Lada Sanyasi was asked by Nallandavar to stay here itself to help the devotees and bless them. Accordingly, the saint is here in a separate shrine with His legs tied. The second Puja is offered to him. The third puja goes to Lord Nallandavar.The temple has a long compound wall. There are separate shrines for Lord Anumadhi Vinayaka, Madurai Veeran, Parikarar, Ezhu Karuppanaswami, Omkara Vinayaka, Pechiamman, Pattathu Yanai, Nallandavar Yanai, Teppakulam Murugan and Sri Anjaneya.The elephant is the vehicle of Lord Nallandavar with Puli Karupanasami as guardian deity with the horse as his vehicle.
Chithirai Tamil New Year day falling almost on April 14 or a day before or after occasionally in some years, Aadi Fridays in July-August, Avani Uriyadi, Purattasi Saturdays and Bow festival in September-October, Karthikai Deepan in November-December, Thai Pongal falling almost on January 14, Maha Shivrathri in February-March and Panguni Uthiram in March-April are the important festivals celebrated in the temple.Devotees pray to Lord Nallandavar seeking solutions for problems in families, brothers, problems between husband and wife, the remedy for poisonous bites for psychological problems in women etc. It is firmly believed that Lord Nallandavar blesses the devotees as their own brother with solutions.
- Aadi Friday (July – Aug),
- Aavani Uriyadi,
- Purattasi Saturdays and Bow festival (Sep – Oct),
- Mahashivaratri (Feb – March) ,
- Other Minor Festivals : Chithirai Tamil New Year month ,
- Bow festival (Sep – Oct),
- Panguni Uthiram (March – April),
- Thirukarthigai .
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Santhi pooja – 8:45AM – 9:00AM.
- Uchikalam pooja – 12:45PM -1:00PM.
- Sayaratchai pooja – 5:45PM – 6:00PM.
- Arthajamam pooja – 7:45PM – 8:00PM.
- Dhanurmasa Special pooja – 5:00AM – 6:00AM.
- Archanai – Rs.5/-
- Poora Sannathi Deeparathanai – Rs.10/-
- Pongal fee – Rs.5/-
- Mudikanikkai – Rs.10/-
- Special Entrance – Rs.10/-
- Kathukuth Ticket – Rs.10/-
- Abhishegam – Rs.50/-
- Marrage Fee – Rs.200/-
Nearest Temples Around Manapparai Nallandavar temple :
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 38.00 km
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 41.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 41.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 50.00 km
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 51.00 km
- Narthamalai MuthuMari Amman temple – Pudukottai district – 52.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 61.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 62.00 km
- Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 66.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 67.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 70.00 km
- Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 72.00 km
- Thirumayam SatyaMurthy perumal temple – – Pudukottai district – 73.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 85.00 km
- Siruvachur Madhura Kali Amman temple – Perambalur district – 91.00 km
- A.Valayapatti Kallalagar Temple – Madhurai district – 91.00 km
- Chettikulam Dandayuthapani Swamy temple – Perambalur district – 94.00 km
- Chettikulam Ekambareswarar Swamy temple – Perambalur district – 94.00 km
- Tanjavur Brihadeeswarar Temple – Thanjavur District – 96.00 km
- Avudaiyarkoil Atmanatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 105.00 km
- Madhurai Dhandayudhapani Temple – Madhurai district – 109.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Madana Gopala Swamy Temple – Madhurai district – 109.00 km
- Thiruvedagam Edaganatheswarar Temple – Madhurai district – 111.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 117.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 118.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 121.00 km
- Thiruparankundram Arulmigu Thiruparankundram Murugan Temple – Madhurai district – 132.00 km
- Govindaputhur Gangajadatheeswarar Temple – Ariyalur district – 132.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 134.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Oppiliappan Koil – Thanjavur District – 134.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Raahu Navagrahastalam / Naganatha temple – Thanjavur District – 148.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 150.00 km
- Thirukollikadu Pongu Saneeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 151.00 km
- Tiruvarur Tyagaraja Swamy temple – Tiruvarur district – 155.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 163.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 167.00 km
- Sathuragiri Sri Sundara Mahalingam temple – Madhurai district – 185.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Manapparai – 4.00 km
- Tiruchi / Trichy / Tiruchirapalli – 36.00 km
- Pudukottai – 58.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Manapparai – 3.00 km
- Valyampatti – 18.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli – 37.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 42.00 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 196.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 343.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 347.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 348.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 371.00 km
- Tirupati Airport,Renigunta – 464.00 km
Photos of the temple :