Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Kadamba Veneswar Swamy(Lord Shiva) ,
- Muttrilamulai Amman ,
- Lord Chandikeswara ,
- Lord Dakshinamurthy ,
- Lord Vinayaka ,
- Lord Muruga with Valli and Devasenai.
Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple,
Kadambar (Street), Kulithalai (Taluk),
- Morning 6:00AM – 1:00PM.
- Evening 5:00PM – 9:00PM.
Temple History :
The Kadamba Vaneshwarar temple is located in the village named Kulithalai, in the district of Karur, Tamil Nadu in south India. The primary deity of this temple is Kadamba Vaneshwarar and his consort is Muttrila Mulaiammai.Lord Shiva is the presiding deity in this temple as Sri Kadamba Vaneshwara Swamy.The shrine is praised in the hymns of Saints Tirunavukkarasar and Arunagiriar. Saint Tirunavukkarasar advises his own heart to remember the Lord of Kadamba Vanam where He appears with His blue scar in the neck – Neelakanda- as the very Four Vedas and its six Angas and worshiped by those in the celestial world. This is the 65th shrine on the southern bank of Cauvery and mentioned in Thevaram hymns.Lord Shiva graces in the temple as a Swayambhu Linga facing north. Seven virgins are worshipping him from behind. The temple graced by Lord Anugnai Vinayaka has its vimana gopura (tower above the sanctum sanctorum) is of Tridala design. The Rajagopuram has five tiers. Lord Shiva is facing north while lord Dakshinamurthy on the Koshta is facing south. Lord Chandikeshwara is facing west against the traditional south and lord Brahma is to the north. Lord Murugan with his consorts Valli and Devanai are above the Navagrahas – the nine planets to facilitate worshipping of those affected by Mars planets adverse aspects. Lord Murugan is the deity of planet Mars. There is also a separate shrine for Sani Bhagwan- Saturn.
History: When the Devas of the celestial world appealed to mother Ambica to protect them from the atrocities of demon Doomralochana, Mother took the form of Durga and fought with the demon. As his boon was very strong, he fought with mother Ambica. Lord Shiva deputed Saptha Kannikas to fight with him. The demon could not stand before their force and he hides. The virgins mistake the rishi as the demon and eliminated him and thus incurred Brahmana Hathi dosha- a sin that would make the sinner with a dark face. As advised by Ambica, they performed penance on lord Shiva and got relieved of the sin when the lord granted them darshan from the Kadamba tree.
Importance: This is the 65th shrine on the southern bank of Cauvery and mentioned in the Thevaram hymns. 13 day Masi Brahmotsavam in February- March, Thai poosam in January- February, Vaikasi Visakam in May-June, Aaipasi Skanda Sashti in October-November and Panguni Uthiram in March- April are the festivals in the temple. The other temples in Karur district are Venjamangudalur Vigirtheeswarar temple, Sri Maragatheeswarar temple, Sri Pugazhimalai Bala Subrahmanya Swamy temple, Thanthondrimalai Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy temple, Sri Sakkarathalvar temple etc.
- Aadi – Aadi pooram Festivals (10 days).
- Purattasi – Navaratri Utsavam (10 days).
- Ippasi – Kanthar Sasti (10 days).
- karthigai – Somavaram Karthigai panjamoorthi purappudu(4 days).
- Margali – Thiruvathigai (1 day).
- Thai – Thai Poosam(2 days).
- Maasi – Maasimagam Pramoochavam(10 days).
- Panguni – Uthiram (1 day).
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kaala Santhi pooja – 8:30AM.
- Thiruvanathal – 6:30AM.
- Saya Ratchai(1-Kalam) – 5:30PM.
- Saya Ratchai(2-Kalam) – 6:30PM.
- Ucchikalam – 12:00PM.
- Arthajama pooja – 8:30PM.
- Kalyana Mandapam (1 day),
- Thirukkalyanam – Rs.250/-
- Astothiram – Rs.2/-
- Sahasranaman – Rs.5/-
- Neivedyam – Rs.5/-
- Kathanivila – Rs.100/-
- Sastiyappthapoorthi – Rs.100/-
- Chitrannam(Pulihora) – Rs.250/-
- Kovilil Thirumanam – Rs.500/-
- Camera (fee) – Rs.50/-
- Video (fee) – Rs.200/-
Nearest Temples Around Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple :
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 35.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 37.00 km
- Manapparai Nallandavar temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 38.00 km
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 39.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 42.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 46.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 48.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 54.00 km
- Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 60.00 km
- Narthamalai MuthuMari Amman temple – Pudukottai district – 77.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 85.00 km
- Mahadeswara Betta Male Mahadeswara temple – Chamarajanagar district – 92.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 94.00 km
- Tanjavur Brihadeeswarar Temple – Thanjavur District – 95.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 98.00 km
- Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 99.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 99.00 km
- Thirumayam SatyaMurthy perumal temple – Pudukottai district – 108.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 111.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 116.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Raahu Navagrahastalam / Naganatha temple – Thanjavur District – 125.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Oppiliappan Koil – Thanjavur District – 126.00 km
- Avudaiyarkoil Atmanatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 140.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 144.00 km
- Govindaputhur Gangajadatheeswarar Temple – Ariyalur district – 145.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswar temple – Madhurai district – 146.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 146.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Madana Gopala Swamy Temple – Madhurai district – 146.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 147.00 km
- Madhurai Dhandayudhapani Temple – Madhurai district – 148.00 km
- Thiruvedagam Edaganatheswarar Temple – Madhurai district – 148.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 151.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 153.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 171.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 180.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 182.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 183.00 km
- Marudamalai Subramanya swamy temple – Coimbator district – 189.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Kulithalai – 1.00 km
- Trichy – 38.00 km
- Karur – 41.00 km
- Namakkal – 47.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Kulithalai – 1.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli – 35.00 km
- Srirangam Railway station – 38.00 km
- Karur Railway station – 40.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichyv 43.70 km
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 171.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 320.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 321.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 334.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 336.00 km
Photos of the temple :