Kangayam Kariya Kali Amman temple :
God and Godess :
Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple,
Peranjervali / Peranchervazhi (Village) ,Kangayam (Taluk) ,
- Morning 6:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Evening 5:00PM – 8:00PM.
Temple History :
Arulmighu Kariya Kalli Amman temple is located in ‘Paranchervazhi’ which is around one kilometer on the Nathakkadaiyur road, from the four routes found at the Kangayam Chennimalai route, in Kangayam taluk, of Tiruppur district, Tamilnadu. ‘Paranchervazhi’ has many occurrences in Tamil couplets and has many unique names also.Arulmighu Kariya kali Amman was considered as the communal deity of all the three Tamil kings – the Cheras, The Cholas and The Pandiyas. Goddess here has many significant and unique names like ThingalumaraSadachi, Thunga Pathni, Thudiedaichi, Oothiya Uuthiratchi, Uthanpadi, Kariya kali and Tthiripuram Eluntharuliya devargal panindha Singari. So one may ascertain that the “Arulmigu Kariyakaliamman Temple” was built during the Chera, Chola, Pandiya’s time and has a history dating back to more than 1000 years.Arulmighu Kariya kali Amman was the priority goddess of people from all walks of life. She was considered as the provider of health, wealth, and happiness to all those who worship her. She has many pieces of evidence to support her being the Guardian Goddess of the Norther Entrance. Furthermore, she leads one to eternity on completion of this worldly life. Her iconographic statue reveals her historical significance.Special pooja’s and abhishekas are performed at the Arulmigu Kariyakaliamman Temple during first of Chitirai, Aani Anusam, Pongal festival, Adi 18, Karthigai deepam, Margali, and on all New moon and full moon days.
The ‘Kaniyalars’ are the people of right for each and every ancient temple found in Kongunadu. The Paranchervali Arulmighu Kariya Kali Amman temple belongs to the Kaniyalars of the following communities like Payir, Semba, Othal, Aava, Aada, and Viliya. These are the six communities who have the ‘Kani’ rights of the temple. This temple and Arulmighu Kariya kali Amman where most adored by these communities.Paranchervali has much historic and historical significance. It has many other names which are found archeologically and in literature us.Pugal Paranchervali, Parancherpalli, Paranjai Nagar, Nattoor Parancher vali, Pugal Paranjai, Paranja Nagar.etc.,The place became insufficient due to the pouring in of many devotees and when all the communities of Vellalars assemble with families on festival occasions. The Kaniyalar committee was formed in Thanthubi year on the 21st of Vaikasi(04-06-1982).
- Chithiraikkani ,
- Pongal Festival ,
- Puratasi Navarathri ,
- Thirukarthigai ,
- Markali (Markali pooja for 30 days) ,
- Every Pournami days Poojas performed with 108 Agal Lamps.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Festival pooja(With Koomatha pooja 1008 Adoration) – 6:00AM
- Kala Sandhi pooja 8:00AM.
- Small Kala Sandhi Pooja – 10:00AM.
- Saya Ratchai Pooja – 5:00PM.
- Ucchikala pooja – 12:00PM.
- Rakkala pooja(Lalitha Sagastranama Archana) – 8:00PM.
- 108 Sangu pooja(on Chithirai full Monday).
Nearest Temples Around Kangayam Kariya Kali Amman temple :
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 28.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 37.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 40.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 50.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 59.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 69.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 71.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 74.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 78.00 km
- Palani Dandayuthapani temple – Dindigul district – 79.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 79.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 81.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 88.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 90.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 92.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 103.00 km
- Marudamalai Subramanya swamy temple – Coimbator district – 105.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 112.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 114.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 114.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 116.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 127.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 139.00 km
- Thiruchunai Akasthisvarar Temple – Madhurai district – 168.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Chennimalai – 10.00 km
- Kangayam – 11.00 km
- Muthur – 19.00 km
- Perundurai – 24.00 km
- Tiruppur – 38.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Perundurai – 21.00 km
- Vijayamangalam – 22.00 km
- Uttukuli – 24.00 km
- Tiruppur – 35.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 77.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 227.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 230.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 430.00 km
Photos of the temple :