Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple :
God and Godess :
- Lord Vinayaka,
- Lord Subramanya.
Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple / Arulmigu Shakti Vinayagar Thirukoil ,
Munciple Colony Road, Erode(City),
- Morning 6:30AM – 12:30PM.
- Evening 5:00PM – 8:30PM.
Temple History :
Arulmigu Sakthi Vinayagar Thirukoil is situated in a hot place of Municipal Colony Road, Erode. It was located in the center of Erode bus stand and Railway Station.This temple is undertaken by Tamilnadu Government. Vinayagar is usually said to have 32 different forms.Among the important forms are Bala Ganapati, Taruna Ganapati, Bhakti Ganapati, Vigheswara, Veera Ganapati, Sakti Ganapati, Dvaja Ganapati, Siddhi Vinayagar, Uchista Ganapati, Ekadanta Ganapati, Shristi Vinayagar, Thundi Vinayagar, Yoga Vinayagar, Vighnaraja, Kshipra Ganapati, Heramba Ganapathi.This is the famous temple in this region, where devotees from many regions arrive here and Worship God Vinayagar with special pujas.God here is more powerful and He fulfills all the desires of his devotees with his blessings.
Birth Of Lord Vinayagar: One day, Goddess Parvathi Devi, the wife of Lord Shiva, was getting ready for her bath and needed someone to guard her chamber. Therefore goddess made a beautiful, boy from the sandalwood from her body. She gave him life by sprinkling the Holy Ganges water on him and entrusted him with guarding the door. While she was away, Lord Shiva returned and was surprised to find a little boy standing at the entrance to his wife’s chamber. When he tried to enter, the boy blocked his path.“Who are you and why are you blocking my path?” demanded Lord Shiva.“No one enters my mother’s chamber”, declared the boy boldly.Taken aback, Lord Shiva replied, “Step away; I have the right to enter my wife’s chamber.”But the young and courageous boy did not move but stood his ground. Not knowing that this was his own son, Lord Shiva who was quick to anger grew enraged. Not used to be disobeyed he cut off the boy’s head.Then Goddess Parvathi on returning from her bath saw her son lying dead and was overcome with grief. She was filled with both anger and sorrow. Seeing this Lord Shiva sent his Pramada Gana’s to fetch the head of the first beast that they saw. The men rushed and finally came upon an elephant. They immediately took the head to Lord Shiva, who quickly attached it onto the body of the slain boy and gave him life once again.To further appease his grief-stricken wife he promised that her son would be worshiped first, before all other Gods.Even today at the entrance of all temples one would find the idol of the Lord Ganesha.
- Tamil new year ,
- Thai Pongal ,
- Vaikasi Vishakam ,
- Markazhi Dhanur Maasa pooja(30 days),
- The month of Avani celebrated Vinayaka Chaturthi (4 days).
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Sandhi pooja – 8:00AM.
- Uchikaalam pooja – 12:00PM.
- Sayaratchai – 6:00PM.
- Archana – Rs.5/-
- Abhishekam – Rs.50/-
- Two Wheelers – Rs.30/-
- 4 Wheelers – Rs.50/-
- Sahasranamam – Rs.50/-
- Pudhukanakku pooja – Rs.100/-
Nearest Temples Around Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple :
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 21.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 25.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 37.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 37.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 43.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 58.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 59.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 59.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 61.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 65.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 68.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 72.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 73.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 74.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 75.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 100.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 103.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 110.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 111.00 km
- Marudamalai Subramanya swamy temple – Coimbator district – 114.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 128.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 130.00 km
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 147.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 148.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 148.00 km
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 150.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswar temple – Madhurai district – 195.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Erode – 0.50 km
- Perundurai – 18.00 km
- Tiruppur – 56.00 km
- Namakkal – 58.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Erode Junction – 2.00 km
- Perundurai – 17.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 92.00 km
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 154.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 252.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 284.00 km
- Kannur International Airport, Kannur – 365.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 388.00 km
Photos of the temple :