Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Arudra Kabaliswara swamy ,
- Varani Ambal.
Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple,
Elumathur (Village), Modakurichi (Taluk),
- Morning 5:30AM – 12:30PM.
- Evening 4:30PM – 8:30PM.
Temple History :
Arulmigu Arudra Kabaleshwar temple is a must see temple that is dedicated to lord Shiva who offers his blessings in the name of Arudra Kabaliswarar. This temple is located in Elumathur, Erode district of Tamil Nadu, India.The temple is facing east with a 5 stair Rajagopuram. Dwajasthambam, Nandi, and Balipedam are at the entrance of the Maha Mandapam. In the outer prakaram, there is are shrines for lord Surya along with his consorts Chaya Devi, Usha Devi, Moola vinayagar, Sthala Vruksham with vinayagar, Kala Bairavar, and Chandran. In the inner prakaram, we find Durga Devi, Sri Valli Devasena sametha Subramaniyar, Chandikeshwarar, and Navagrahas. Moolavar is little small Swayambhu and has 108 lingas carved on it.
History: According to traditional stories, The temple was built by a king named Lakshmikanthan. Once he performed a Yagna. The milk pots taken for the ceremony fell upside down when placed on the floor. When he dug the ground, He found blood oozing from the place due to the hit of crowbars. The shocked king immediately built a temple on the spot. Devotees began to throng the temple to have the grace of Lord Arudra Kabaleshwara.Maha Shivaratri and Tiruvadhirai are the important festivals celebrated in the temple. They also celebrate Ekadasi, Sankranti, Karthika Purnima, Akshaya Trithiya, Deepavali and Aipasi Annabhishekam with much devotion and dedication in the temple.
Importance:108 Shiva Lingas are carved on a single Linga in the temple. Scientific based rays of sun fall on the lord on 25, 26 and 27th Masi month. Sun worship is an important feature of the temple as he worshiped lord Shiva in this temple. During the last days of Masi, the rays of the sun penetrate into all the mandaps in the temple and fall on the lord. Sage Durvasa installed lord Shiva here in the lying form (Pallikonda kolam) in the temple.
- Maha Shivaratri(Feb – March) ,
- Margazhi Tiruvvadhirai(Dec – Jan),
- Karthika pournami ,
- Akshya thritiya ,
- Ratha Saptami ,
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Sandhi pooja – 7:00AM.
- Ushakala pooja(Sunrise pooja) – 6:00AM.
- Uchikala pooja(Noon pooja) – 12:00PM.
- Sayarakha pooja(sunset pooja) – 6:00PM.
- Ardhajama pooja(Night pooja) – 8:00PM.
- Archanai – Rs.2/-
- Abhishegam – Rs.20/-
- Irumudi – Rs.10/-
- Milk Abhishegam – Rs.3/-
- Vadai Malai – Rs.5/-
- Marrage Application – Rs.5/-
- Nichayathartham – Rs.100/-
- PenAlaippu – Rs.100/-
- Mappaliai Alaippu – Rs.100/-
- Marriage fee – Rs.200/-
Nearest Temples Around Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple :
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 21.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 35.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 48.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 56.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 58.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 58.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 59.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 61.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 65.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 82.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 89.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 91.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 93.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 94.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 108.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 113.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 118.00 km
- Peruru Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – East godavari district – 118.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 127.00 km
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 128.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 130.00 km
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 132.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 141.00 km
- Madhurai Dhandayudhapani Temple – Madhurai district – 175.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswar temple – Madhurai district – 175.00 km
- Mysore Sri Chamundeswari Devi Temple – Mysore District – 224.00 km
- Srirangapatna Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple – Mandya district – 237.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Kodumudi – 22.00 km
- Erode – 23.00 km
- Tiruchengode – 31.00 km
- Kangayam – 37.00km
- Namakkal – 58.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
Erode Junction – 20.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport, Coimbatore – 99.00 km
- Tiruchirapally International Airport, Trichy – 137.00 km
- Cochin International Airport, Cochin/kochi – 256.00 km
- Calicut International Airport, Kozhikode – 256.00 km
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai – 402.00 km
Photos of the temple :