Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple :
God and Godess :
- Lakshmi devi ,
- Narasimha swamy,
- Lord Vinayaka.
Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple,
Lord Narasimha temple, South Ukkadam, Coimbatore (city),
Morning 8:30AM – Evening 8:00PM
Temple History :
Arulmigu Lakshmi Narashima Swamy temple is situated in the South Ukkadam,Coimbatore.The Ukkadam BusStand is Near To Temple.This temple is walkable distance from Coimbatore Railway Station, collectrate and Police Commissioner Office.The Coimbatore Airport is 13 kilometer from the Temple .In the past Tamilnadu was divided in to 5 regions such as Chera Nadu, Chola Nadu, Pandiya Nadu, Kongu Nadu & Thondai Nadu. Today’s Coimbatore District, Nilgris District, Erode District, Salem District, Karur Taluk and Palani Taluk was called Kongu Nadu. The word Kongu Nadu itself denotes the composition of temples in the region. Even though there are so many temples in the District this temple is the most famous among them.Devotees from many regions of Tamilnadu arrives at this temple and worship Lord Narasimha with most devotion.
History: The object of Narasimha incarnation of Lord Sri Mahavishnu was to destroy the Demon Hiranya. The demon had such a boon that he could not be killed by any power, anytime, any weapon etc. Using the loopholes in his boon, Lord Vishnu took the Narasimha form (human body with a lion’s face) and destroyed him. The Lord was too furious then that nobody could go near Him. Mother Mahalakshmi sat on his lap and the Lord became calm and graceful. Based on this truth, in all Narasimha temples, Sri Mahalakshmi is seen sitting on the lap of the Lord.
- Chittirai – Brahmotsavam(10 days).
- Aani – Narasimha Jayanthi,Vaikasigarudaseva
- Aadi – Andal Thiruadipora festival(10 days)
- Avani – Thirupavitrotsavam ,Sri Jayanthi
- Purattasi – Navaratri Utsavam.
- Iyappasi – Dolotsavam Oonjal Festival(3 days). Deevali on last Friday & Vanabhojanam
- karthigai – Thirukarthigai festival.
- Margazhi – Vaikunta Ekadasi.
- Thai – Andal ThiruKalyanam,Giriprathakshinam. Float Festival(3 days)
- Masi – Dhavana Utsavam ,Sri Dhottachariar Annual Birth Celebrations.
- Panguni – Telugu New Yearday,Panguni Uthram, ThiruKalyanam In Big temple.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Sandhi pooja – 8:00AM – 9:00AM.
- Ucchikala pooja – (Afternoon)11:00PM-12:00PM.
- Raakkala pooja – 7:30PM – 8:00PM.
- Archanai Ticket – Rs.2/-
- Nei Deepam – Rs.3/-
- Sahasranamarchana – Rs.10/-
Nearest Temples Around Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple :
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 40.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 45.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 50.00 km
- Satyamangalam Venugopala swamy temple – Erode district – 70.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 71.00 km
- Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple – Erode district – 74.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 81.00 km
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 88.00 km
- Ooty Mariamman temple – Nilgiri district – 90.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 103.00 km
- Elumathur Arudra Kabaliswara swamy temple – Erode district – 108.00 km
- Palani Idumban temple – Dindigul district – 108.00 km
- Guruvayur Sree Guruvayoorappan temple – Thrissur district – 149.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 150.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 151.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 168.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
Coimbatore 4.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
Coimbatore Junction 2.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Coimbatore International Airport,Coimbatore – 13.00 km
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 150.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 154.00 km
- Chennai International Airport,Chennai – 490.00 km
Photos of the temple :