Bannari – Bannari amman temple :
God and Godess :
Bannari Mariamman .
Bannari Bannari Mariamman temple,
Bannari (Village), Satyamangalam (Taluk),
Erode district – 638401,
Morning 5:30AM – Evening 9:00PM.
Temple History :
Bannari Mariamman temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Mariamman situated at a distance of 14 km from Sathyamangalam in Erode district.Shobhana mandapa in front of the temple with 24 pillars with carvings of architectural beauty which was constructed in 1967. The Artha mandapa, Maha mandapa and Shobhana Mantapa enhance the beauty of the temple. Separate shrines for gods such as Vinayaka, Bommairayan, Madeshwara Sarugu Mariamman, and Muniyappa are found in and around the temple.
One British officer in charge of forestry did not allow the people to cut trees for Kundam festival. Suddenly, He began to suffer from vomiting and dysentery. He realized his mistake and prayed to the goddess to forgive him. His health was restored by the holy ash and water fetched from the temple. Then he allowed the people to prune trees from the forest for the festival.
Importance: The temple is facing south and is surrounded by thick forests with is rich vegetation on the southern, northern and western directions. The range of mountains and the hilly backdrop add charm to the abode of the deity. Beasts such as elephants, wild pigs, bears, deer, and monkeys are found in the surrounding forests. Beautiful peacocks and various birds are also seen here. The festivals celebrated in this temple are Golden Chariot festival, Kundam festival, turmeric water donation, Thiruvillakku puja and Maru puja. Instead of sacred -ashes Vibhuti, sand of the anthill is offered as Prasad. The deity is a Swayambhu Murthy. Several pujas conducted here are Kalasanthi, Uchikalam, Sayaratchai, and Arthasamam. Women devotees participate in Thiruvilakku puja on last Friday of every Tamil month.Thousands of devotees from all over South India arrive here and worship goddess here with most devotion.
History: In ancient days Tamil Nadu consisted of five division known as Chera Nadu, Chozha Nadu, Pandiya Nadu, Thondai Nadu and Kongu Nadu.Kongu Nadu was situated on the western side of Tamil Nadu. Mountains, rivers, and forests added beauty to this fertile soil.Bannari located on the North West boundary of Kongu Nadu. Of late, it has become pilgrim’s paradise because devotees from far and near visit this spot. It is held in high esteem as the celebrated abode of Goddess Mariamman.Bannari Mariamman temple is situated at a distance of fourteen kilometers from Sathyamangalam in Erode District.The oracle was heard by everybody who has assembled there. In response to that message, the villagers Erected shed with ‘KANANGU’ a kind of forest herbs. In due course, the thatched ceiling was replaced by the tiled ceiling. Funds were collected from philanthropists and the temple structure underwent renovation repeatedly and, the gopuram was built above the SANCTUM – SANCTORIUMT.The Bommarayan temple is in Artha mandapam facing west side and the Ganesh temple is in front mandapam facing east.
God Matheshwaran is placed on a slab which is on the southern side of the Goddess temple.Near the temple pond, a small temple facing west is constructed for Sarugu Mariamman is placed. The Kumbhabishegam for this temple was conducted on second of this month.On the west side of the temple pond, a big pit is present. In that pit, water will be stagnant only in rainy seasons. On other seasons water won’t stagnate there. To the left side of the way to the temple pond, God VandiMuniappar is placed on a slab. During the festival for the goddess, the people of Cholar caste do special poojas for this God.
- Golden Chariot Festival ,
- Kundam Festival ,
- Thiruvilakku pooja ,
- Murupooja Festival.
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Kala Santhi poojai – 5:30AM.
- Uchikala poojai – 11:30AM.
- Sayaratchai pooja – 5:30PM.
- Arthajamam pooja – 8:30PM.
- Archanai – Rs.10/-
- Abhishegam – Rs.10/-
- Hair Donation – Rs.15/-
- Varam Pooja – Rs.10/-
- Special Individual & Special Darshanam – Rs.3/-
- Special Individual & Darshanam – Rs.50/-
- Individual Darshanam – Rs.30/-
- 4 Wheelers Vagana pooja – Rs.15/-
- Kala Abhishegam – Rs.30/-
- Kumkuma(1 Packet) – Rs.50/-
- Abhishegam(Including Materials) – Rs.1/-
- Vehicle pooja(2 Wheelers) – Rs.250/-
- New Account Pooja – Rs.25/-
- Namakaranam – Rs.201/-
- Amuthoottal – Rs.10/-
- Ear Piercing – Rs.10/-
- Extra Donation – Rs.30/-
- Thiruvilakku pooja – Rs.10/-
- Video Recording – Rs.20/-
- Gold Kavasam – Rs.250/-
- Marrage Donation – Rs.1001/-
- Taking Photo – Rs.250/-
Nearest Temples Around Bannari – Bannari amman temple :
- Pariyur Kondathu KaliAmman temple – Erode district – 43.00 km
- Avinashi Lingeswarar temple – Tiruppur district – 50.00 km
- Thirumuruganpoondi Thirumuruganatha Swamy temple – Tiruppur district – 55.00 km
- Uttukuli Vetri velayutha swamy temple – Erode district – 70.00 km
- Erode Sakti Vinayagar temple – Erode district – 74.00 km
- Coimbatore Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Coimbator district – 74.00 km
- Perur Patteeswarar temple – Coimbator district – 85.00 km
- Kangayam KariyaKali Amman temple – Tiruppur district – 90.00 km
- Tiruchengode Arthanareeswara swamy temple – Namakkal district – 97.00 km
- Mecheri Bhadrakali amman Temple – Salem district – 112.00 km
- Pollachi Subramanya temple – Coimbator district – 119.00 km
- Karuvalli Prasanna Venkata Ramana Temple – Salem district – 127.00 km
- Namakkal Narasimha swamy temple – Namakkal district – 132.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 133.00 km
- Salem Sugavaneshwarar Temple – Salem district – 134.00 km
- Mysore Sri Chamundeswari Devi Temple – Mysore District 136.00 km
- Srirangapatna Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple – Mandya district – 144.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 154.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 180.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 184.00 km
- Vadachennimalai Murugan Temple – Salem district – 192.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Sayamangala – 13.00 km
- Bhavanisagar – 14.00 km
- Puliyampatti – 33.00 km
- Namiyur – 39.00 km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Mettupalayam – 45.00 km
- Karaimadai – 47.00 km
Nearest Airports :
- Calicut International Airport,Kozhikode – 234.00 km
- Cochin International Airport,Cochin/kochi – 237.00 km
- Kempegowda International Airport,Bangalore – 280.00 km
- Tirupati Airport,Renigunta – 459.00 km
Photos of the temple :