Avudaiyarkoil Avudaiyar Koil :
God and Godess :
- Atmanatha swamy ,
- Yogambal Amman ,
- Dundi Vinayaka swamy.
Avudaiyarkoil Atmanatha swamy temple (or)
Thiruperundurai temple, Ambalapuram(Area),
Avudaiyarkoil / Thiruperundurai (Town) ,
Pudukottai district – 614618
- Morning 6:00AM – 12:00PM.
- Evening 4:00PM – 9:00PM.
Temple History :
Tirupperunturai known as Avudaiyar Koil is a Shaiva temple situated near Aranthangi in the Pudukottai district of Tamil Nadu, India. One of the sacred books of Tamil, Shaiva Siddhanta, Manikkarvacakar(Poet) Thiruvasagam(sacred utterance), originates from this shrine.The deity here is formless (Atmanathar), there is no Shiva Lingam but only a pedestal located in the sanctum, Hence the name Avudayar Koil. There is no Nandi bull icon. As the devotee and his devotion mature, He has to realize the truth of formless.The temple is noted for the Zephyr roof work. The ceiling of the kanga Sabha (golden Hall) is a grandeur creation in stone. The ropes and nails are made of granite. The bow-wielding Muruga, Kali and Shiva’s Rudra Thandavam is the finest specimen of sculptural art.
The temple covers an area of 10 acres and faces south. The 1000 pillared hall has several delicately crafted pillars with depictions of the Oordhwa Thandavam of Shiva, Kaaraikkaal Ammaiyaar, and Dhanurdhara Subramanya etc.The annual festivals celebrated here are Aani Tirumanjanam and Maargazhi Tiruvadhirai as in Chidambaram Nataraja temple. Worship or puja is done six times a day. The last Monday of Karthikai month is very special.
Importance: At Thirupperunturai, as in Chidambaram temple, Aruvam is worshiped. Thirupperunturai is also known as Shivapuram, Akasha Kailasam and Adi Kailasam in Sangam literature and as it has 6 Sabhas, the kanaka sabha, chit sabha, sat sabha, Anand sabha, Ratna sabha and Deva sabha in comparison to 5 Sabhas at Chidambaram. As this is a sacred place where Shiva himself was the Guru of saint Manickavasagar, devotees pray here for progress in education and high academic pursuits. The beneficial power of Jupiter- Guru further adds to their development. People also pray for wedding and child boon too.
- Aani festival(Jun – Jul).
- Margazhi(Dec – Jan).
- Aadi festival.
- Thiru Karthigai.
- Maha Shivaratri (Feb – March).
- Avani Moolam(Aug – Sep).
- Navarathri (Sep – Oct).
Ticket price for rituals, darshanams & special sevas :
- Aarathi ,
- Naivedyam ,
- Aarukala pooja ,
- Sangabhishekam(108 conch Abhishek) on Mondays ,
- Archanai ,
- Boiled Rice Nivedana.
Nearest Temples Around Avudaiyarkoil Avudaiyar Koil :
- Narthamalai MuthuMari Amman temple – Pudukottai district – 66.00 km
- Tiruchirapalli Jambukeswara Akhilandeswari temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 99.00 km
- Thiruchunai Akasthisvarar Temple – Madhurai district – 100.00 km
- Manapparai Nallandavar temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 105.00 km
- Teppakulam Uchi pillayar Kovil – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 106.00 km
- SriRangam Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 108.00 km
- Thirukollikadu Pongu Saneeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 114.00 km
- Tiruthangur Periyanayaki vellimalai nathar temple – Tiruvarur district – 115.00 km
- Tiruvarur Tyagaraja Swamy temple – Tiruvarur district – 127.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswar temple – Madhurai district – 128.00 km
- Thirupattur Sri Brahmapureeswara temple – Tiruchi / Tiruchirapalli district – 132.00 km
- Madhurai Arulmigu Madana Gopala Swamy Temple – Madhurai district – 132.00 km
- Thirunageswaram Oppiliappan Koil – Thanjavur District – 134.00 km
- Madhurai Dhandayudhapani Temple – Madhurai district – 135.00 km
- Kulithalai Kadamba Vaneswara Swamy temple – Karur district – 140.00 km
- Devarmalai Kathir Narasinga perumal temple – Karur district – 145.00 km
- Rameswaram Sri Ramanatha Swamy Temple – Ramanathapuram district – 148.00 km
- Tirupampuram Seshapureeswara temple – Tiruvarur district – 157.00 km
- Dindigul Kalahastheeswarar Gnanambigai temple or abhirami temple – Dindigul district – 162.00 km
- Dindigul Srinivasa Perumal temple – Dindigul district – 163.00 km
- Thanthondrimalai Venkataramana Swamy temple – Karur district – 173.00 km
- Karur Kalyana Pasupateeswarar temple – Karur district – 176.00 km
- Peraiyur Naganatha swamy temple – Pudukottai district – 178.00 km
Nearest Bus Stations :
- Avudaiyar koil – 0.1km
- Karaikudi – 40km
- Sakkottai – 28km
- Aranthangi – 14km
Nearest Railwaystations :
- Aranthangi – 14km
- Karaikudi – 39km
- Kandanur Puduvayal – 30km
Nearest Airports :
Photos of the temple :